Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Band 8 – Describe what you would do if you had a day off

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV07
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Describe what you would do if you had a day off.
    You should say:

What would you do?
    Who would you do it with?
    Why would you like to do it?

Band 8 Sample

I would like to talk about what I would do if I had a day off. Actually, I haven’t been able to rest properly lately, so I am desperately longing for a day off to completely recharge my energy.

If I had such a day, the first thing I would do is turn off my phone, so that I was uncontactable and no work could bother me. I wouldn’t even bother to call my bestie, since I want to totally shut myself off from everything and just laze around at home. Let’s see, there are so many things I want to catch up on, like reading a book and my favourite TV series. I guess I would probably spend the morning binge-watching the latest season of Master Chef. In the afternoon, I would take a walk in the park nearby. To be honest, I have moved into a new apartment a few months ago, but have never had a chance to visit the park. That’s why I am thinking it would be nice to check it out when I am free.

There is no specific reason why I want to stay home on my day off. I simply feel that I am in serious need of some time for myself. Too much socializing and working really tires me out, so I want to forget about all of that for a while. Of course, I believe this will help me regain my stamina and boost my productivity. That’s the end of my answer.

Vocabulary highlights

Laze around: to spend a period of time being lazy
    Catch up on: learn about something that one missed
    Binge-watch: to watch several episodes of a television series or programme
    Shut oneself off: isolate oneself from other people.