Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Band 8 kèm từ vựng GHI ĐIỂM theo chủ đề (Describe a helpful person at work or at school)

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV07
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Describe a helpful person at work or school

You should say:
    Who it was
    What this person did
    How this person helped
    And explain how you felt after this person helped you.

Band 8 Sample

I would like to describe one of my teachers who taught me at high school, who had a great influence on me and was the person who helped me succeed in my university entrance examination. Her name is Linh and she taught me English for 3 years of high school and was also my form teacher. She was in her late 40’s then but looked young for her age.

I was really influenced by the way she taught us in class. Her thoroughness in teaching inspired me to study English, even though I had not been interested in it before. We never felt bored in her classes, she always told us interesting stories about British and American culture and people, and also organized some games so that we could learn new vocabulary and grammar effortlessly.

I remember that during the three months before the university entrance exam, which was the most important exam of my life, she had delivered some free classes for the students who weren’t quite up to standard, including myself. She patiently guided us through difficult questions and provided many useful tips to help deal with the test. Thanks to her effective teaching method and great dedication, I was able to pass the university entrance exam with almost a perfect score in English.

Although I have graduated from high school and now study in Hanoi, I often visit her on the holidays and tell her about my daily life in the big city and she’s always available to give me some advice about any problems I have. I am forever grateful to have Mrs. Linh in my life.

Vocabulary highlights:

to have a great influence on someone – to effect someone in a positive way
    in one’s late 40’s – to be aged 47-49 years old
    thoroughness – to include everything that is necessary
    up to standard – to be at an average or above average level
    effective teaching method – a teaching method that helps students learn easily
    great dedication – a large amount of time and effort spent doing something important
    forever grateful – to be thankful for a long time