Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Band 8 và từ vựng theo chủ đề Advertising

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV07
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Topic:
    Research has shown that overeating is as harmful as smoking. Therefore, the advertising of certain food products should be banned in the same way as the advertising of cigarettes is banned. Do you agree or disagree?

Band 8 Sample

It is claimed that overeating causes similar damage to human health just like smoking, so it is necessary to implement prohibition of advertisements for both some food products and smoking. In my opinion, the former view is well-founded, yet the latter seems to be rather unreasonable.

It is totally understandable that consuming an unnecessarily large amount of food is a detriment to people’s health conditions just like smoking is. In fact, excessive food intake increases body fat, potentially resulting in obesity. In recent years, the number of obese people has been constantly growing at an unprecedented rate in consequence of overeating. Furthermore, consuming unhealthy food such as fast food or processed food on regular basis also brings about numerous health-related problems such as blood pressure or high cholesterol. Issues regarding people’s state of health caused by eating too much are for sure comparable with those caused by smoking, lung cancer for example.

However, I do not think it is an effective solution to forbid advertisements for several particular foodstuffs. It is unfair to manufacturers because advertising is their main measure to approach prospective customers and to introduce their new products in the market. Without publicity materials, many food manufacturers would experience crises as their profit declines as a result of this prohibition policy. Furthermore, it is a disadvantage to consumers because they will not be informed about products they want to buy. It is true that advertising encourages people to purchase things but it only plays a small part in the amount of food intake which is mainly determined by consumers themselves.

In conclusion, I agree that the way overeating harms human health is similar to smoking, whereas it seems to me that advertising of food products should not be banned.

Word count: 291

Vocabulary highlights:
    1. A detriment to people’s health conditions: Điều gây hại cho sức khỏe con người
    2. Excessive food intake: Lượng thức ăn vào quá nhiều
    3. Numerous health-related problems: Nhiều vấn đề liên quan đến sức khỏe
    4. Approach prospective customers: Tiếp cận khách hàng tiềm năng
    5. Their profit declines as a result of this prohibition policy: Lợi nhuận giảm vì cấm sách này