Speaking - Unit 1 trang 9 Sách bài tập (SBT) Tiếng Anh 11

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Exercise 1. Practise reciting the poem and then discuss the questions that follow.
    Thực hành học thuộc lòng bài thơ và tranh luận về các câu hỏi sau:

Friends
    Friends are those who send a smile,
    To brighten up your days.
    Friends are those who make you laugh,
    And wipe your tears away.
    Friends are those who understand,
    That someone you can talk to.
    Friends are those who share your pain,
    Do all they can to help you.
    Friends are those who touch your heart,
    With the love and warmth they said.
    Friends are those who care enough,
    From now and until the end.
    1. What is the central theme of the poem?
    2. How many definitions of friends are mentioned in the poem?
    3. Do you agree or disagree with these definitions? Why/Why not?
    Hướng dẫn giải
    1. It is about what friends are.
    2. Sending you a smile to brighten up your days, making you laugh, wiping your tears away, understanding you, talking to you and sharing your pain, helping you, consoling you, and taking care of you.
    Exercise 2. What qualities are necessary for true friendship to exist? Circle the five most important qualities and explain orally why.
    Điều gì là cần thiết để moottj tình bạn thực sự tồn tại? Khoanh 5 điều quan trọng nhất và giải thích lí do.

acceptancefunkindnessmaturitysincerity
    caringgenerositylovemodestytrust
    commitmenthonestyloyaltysensitivityunderstanding
    You may begin with:
    In my opinion, the five most important qualities which are necessary for true friendship to exist are honesty,... . A friend needs to be honest because...
    Exercise 3. Match each of the sentences in A with a suitable response in B. Then rearrange the order and write the dialogue in full form.
    Nối mỗi câu ở cột A với 1 câu trả lời thích hợp ở cột B. Rồi sắp xeesps lại thứu tự và viết thành 1 đoạn hội thoại đầy đủ.

A
    B
    1. What about your boss?
    2. Yeah, what’s she like?
    3. Hey, Huong, I can’t wait to start working with you on Monday. Can you tell me your co-workers?
    4. What’s he like?
    5. Yeah. I wish Mr. Tuan were more like that. He’s the marketing manager and he worries about everything.
    A. The total opposite. Every time I see him, he’s either taking a break, or talking on the phone.
    B. Ms Hoa?
    C. Really? I know the type. My old marketing manager was just like that.
    D. Well, you know Hoang. He works really hard. I think he even comes to the office on the weekend. But, then there’s Quang...
    E. She’s so relaxed. She never gets angry or upset. I really enjoy working for her.
    Hướng dẫn giải
    1. B 2. E 3. D 4. A 5. C
    Đoạn hội thoại đầy đủ:
    • Hey, Huong, I can’t wait to start working with you on Monday. Can you tell me your co-workers?
    • Well, you know Hoang. He works really hard. I think he even comes to the office on the weekend. But, then there’s Quang ...
    • What’s he like?
    • The total opposite. Every time I see him, he’s either taking a break, or talking on the phone.
    • What about your boss?
    • Ms Hoa?
    • Yeah, what’s she like?
    • She’s so relaxed. She never gets angry or upset. I really enjoy working for her.
    • Yeah. I wish Mr. Tuan were more like that. He’s the marketing manager and he worries about everything.
    • Really? I know the type. My old marketing manager was just like that.