Unit 13 Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Bài dịch Reading Hobbies

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Tóm tắt bài

1. Before You Read Unit 13 Lớp 11

The pictures below present some hobbies. Work with a partner and say which you like to do in your freetime. (Những bức hình bên dưới giới thiệu một vài sở thích. Làm việc với bạn học và nói về điều bạn thích làm trong thời gian rảnh rỗi.)
    [​IMG]
    Guide to answer

• What do you often do in your free time?
    I like watching TV, reading English books, playing games, go fishing, playing football, go shopping, ...
    • What are your hobbies?
    My hobbies are listening music, reading book and watching TV, ...
    2. While You Read Unit 13 Lớp 11

Read the passage and then do the tasks that follow. (Đọc đoạn văn và làm những bài tập bên dưới.)
    Unit 13 Reading Task 1

The words and phrases below appear in the passage. Use a dictionary to get their meaning. Then translate them into Vietnamese. (Các từ và cụm từ dưới đây xuất hiện trong đoạn văn. Sử dụng từ điển để có nghĩa của chúng. Sau đó dịch ra tiếng Việt.)
    1. accomplished ________
    2. accompanying ________
    3. modest ________
    4. avid _______
    5. discarded _________
    6. indulge in __________
    7. keep me occupied ______
    Guide to answer

1. accomplished = well-trained, skilled: tài ba, tài hoa
    2. accompanying = going with a singer, using a musical instrument: đệm (đàn)
    3. modest = humble, unassuming: nhỏ, khiêm tốn
    4. avid = eager: say mê
    5. discarded = throw away: đã bị bỏ đi
    6. indulge in = allow oneself the pleasure of: đam mê vào (một việc gì đó)
    7. keep me occupied = keep me busy: làm cho tôi bận rộn/bịu
    Unit 13 Reading Task 2

1. What is the writer's first hobby? (Thú tiêu khiển đầu tiên của tác giả là gì?)
    2. Is the writer an accomplished guitarist? (Tác giả có phải là một tay ghi-ta tài ba không?)
    3. Why does the writer admire his uncle? (Tại sao tác giả khâm phục ông chú của mình?)
    4. What is the writer's second hobby? (Sở thích thứ hai của tác giả là gì?)
    5. How did he collect his fish? (Ông ấy đã sưu tầm cá như thế nào?)
    6. What kind of stamp collector is the writer? (Tác giả là người sưu tầm tem loại nào?)
    7. Where does he collect the stamps? (Ông ấy sưu tầm tem ở đâu?)
    8. Which does the writer get more of, local stamps or foreign stamps? (Tác giả có loại tem nào nhiều hơn, tem địa phương hay tem nước ngoài?)
    9. What does the writer do with die less common stamps and with the common ones? (Tác giả làm gì với loại tem hiếm và làm gì với loại tem thường?)
    Guide to answer

1. It is playing the guitar.
    2. No, he is not.
    3. Because he is an accomplished guitarist and he is good at accompanying people singing with his guitar.
    4. It is keeping fish.
    5. He bought some from the shop and collected some from the rice field near his house.
    6. He is not an avid stamp collector.
    7. He collects stamps from discarded envelopes, his relatives, and his friends.
    8. He gets more of local stamps than foreign stamps.
    9. He keeps the less common ones inside a small album. The common ones he usually gives away to others or throws them away.
    3. After You Read Unit 13 Lớp 11

Work in groups. Talk about your hobby. (Làm việc theo nhóm. Nói về sở thích của bạn.)
    Paragraph
    I have many hobbies, such as, playing football, game online and swimming. However, my favourite one is reading manga, a kind of Japanese picturebooks. Whenever i have spare time, i would like to lie on my bed and enjoy thrilling and interesting adventures described through beautiful pictures. Moreover, reading these books makes me feel comfortable and relaxed after a hard-working day in my university.Finally, sometimes, they make me think about life's lessons of love, friendship and family by touching stories , which is the main reason why i like this kind of books.
    4. Phần dịch bài Reading Unit 13 Lớp 11

Có vài thứ tôi thích làm khi rảnh rỗi. Chúng là các sở thích của tôi.
    Thú tiêu khiển tôi thích nhất là chơi đàn ghi-ta. Chú tôi, một tay đàn ghi-ta tài hoa, đã dạy tôi đàn. Bây giờ tôi có thể chơi vài điệu đơn giản. Tôi còn bát đầu hát khi đàn, nhưng chưa thành công lắm. Chú tôi bảo tôi cần luyện tập đều đặn là tôi có thể làm được. Chú tôi rất giỏi đệm đàn ghi-ta cho người khác hát và tôi thán phục chú lắm.
    Một sở thích khác của tôi là nuôi cá cảnh. Tôi có một bể cá nhỏ để nuôi một số cá con khác nhau. Vài con tôi mua ở cửa hàng, vài con khác tôi bắt được ở ngoài ruộng gần nhà. Chúng trông thật đẹp khi bơi quanh bể. Tôi thích quan sát chúng và mẹ tôi cũng thích thế.
    Tôi cũng sưu tầm tem nữa. Tuy nhiên, tôi không cho mình là một nhà sưu tập tem đầy khao khát. Thật ra tôi chỉ góp nhặt những con tem trên các phong bì cũ mà bà con hay bạn bè tôi bỏ ra cho tôi. Hầu hết các con tem tôi có là trong nước. Thỉnh thoảng tôi lấy được tem ở nước Nga, Mỹ, Anh quốc, Úc, Trung Quốc và các quốc gia khác. Tôi giữ những con tem hiếm vào quyển album nhỏ. Những con tem thông dụng hơn thì tôi hay cho người khác và nếu như chẳng ai cần thì tôi chỉ việc bỏ chúng đi.
    Cũng còn có nhiều thú tiêu khiển khác mà tôi đam mê một thời gian nhưng chúng không thú vị bằng các sở thích mà tôi vừa nói tới. Chúng thật sự làm tôi bận rộn và tôi thấy vui khi làm những điều đó.
    Bài tập minh họa

Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
    The hobby of collecting consists of acquiring specific items based on a particular interest of the collector. These collections of things are often highly organized, carefully cataloged, and attractively displayed. Since collecting depends on the interests of the individual collector, it may deal with almost any subject. The depth and breadth of the collection may also vary. Some collectors choose to focus on a specific subtopic within their area of general interest: for example, 19th Century postage stamp, milk bottle labels from Sussex, or Mongolian harnesses and tack. Others prefer to keep a more general collection, accumulating Star Trek merchandise, or stamps from all countries of the world. Some collections are capable of being completed, at least to the extent of owning one sample of each possible item in the collection (e.g. a copy of every book by Agatha Christie). Collectors who specifically try to assemble complete collections in this way are sometimes called 'completist'. Upon completing a particular collection, they may stop collecting, expand the collection to include related items, or begin an entirely new collection. The most popular fields in collecting have specialized commercial dealers that trade in the items being collected, as well as related accessories. Many of these dealers started as collectors themselves, then turned their hobby into a profession. There are some limitations on collecting, however. Someone who has the financial means to collect stamps might not be able to collect sport cars, for example.
    1. Collecting may deal with almost any subject because _____.
    a. it has a wide range of subjects
    b. it depends on the collector's interests
    c. it is often classified into different categories
    d. it is based on a particular interest of the collector.
    2. Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage as a collector's item?
    a. stamps b. books c. goods d. accessories
    3. What do collectors do when they have completed their collections?
    a. They sell their collections.
    b. They begin to collect the more expensive things.
    c. They continue to collect related, items.
    d. They become specialized dealers
    4. The word 'accumulating' in the passage can best be replaced by _____.
    a. building up b. bringing in c. taking on d. carrying on
    5. Which of the following is true?
    a. Most collections are on public display.
    b. It's took a lot of time and money to complete a collection.
    c. Most fields in collecting have specialized commercial dealers.
    d. Most of the dealers have their experiences in collecting.
    Key
    bdcad