Bánh xèo hải sản - Nét ẩm thực đảo Bình Ba - Seafood pancakes - Features of Binh Ba island

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV07
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

luyen-thi-thu-khoa-banh-xeo-hai-san-net-am-thuc-dao-Binh-Ba.png

luyen-thi-thu-khoa-beach.png Fish Market
    luyen-thi-thu-khoa-location-travel.png "Here I am at the center market on Binh Ba island.
    According to the locals, this is the paradise of snacks (món ăn vặt).
    Coming here, I really want to try pancake with seafood (bánh xèo hải sản).
    What ingredients are there in the pancake with seafood?
    It consists of pork, shrimps, squids (mực), other seafood species, herbs (rau sống), bean sprouts (rau giá).
    The pancake is eaten with herbs.
    Is the rice flour special?
    No. I just use rice flour and green bean flour (đậu xanh).
    There is nothing special about them.
    How to eat the cake?
    Put it into a bowl and eat it with herbs!
    Please make a mixed pancake for me!"

luyen-thi-thu-khoa-vn-information.png The way of making pancakes on Binh Ba Island is different from that in many other places.
    A small cast iron pan (chảo gang nhỏ) in the bowl size (cỡ bát ăn cơm) is placed on the brazier (lò than hồng) till it gets hot.
    And then, squids, shrimps, and pork are in turn put into the pan so that the fat is extracted from the pieces of pork (mỡ từ thịt heo tiết ra).
    and both sides of shrimps and squids are done to a turn (tôm, mực chín đều hai mặt).
    When shrimps, squids, and pork are almost done (tôm, thịt đã gần chín) the cook sprinkles the flour mixture into the pan (người ta rưới bột bánh xèo vào chảo).
    and then places some bean sprouts on top.
    The aluminum lid (nắp nhuôm) is closed to ensure that the mixture and bean sprouts are done evenly (chín đều cả phía trên lẫn phía dưới).
    When the cake is done, a spoon is used to separate the cake from the pan.
    The cake is then folded in half.
    The cake is then placed on a mesh tray (khay lưới) on the table.
    Diners pick up the cake they want with chopsticks.
    luyen-thi-thu-khoa-location-travel.png "The cake is done.
    Here are the herbs.
    I have to take the dipping sauce (mắm) myself, right?
    Yes".

luyen-thi-thu-khoa-vn-information.png Diners prepare dipping sauces themselves to their taste. The sauces may be sweet, salty, or peppery.
    The sauces are less salty than original fish sauce for diners dip cake and herbs into them.
    luyen-thi-thu-khoa-location-travel.png "I discover that the pancake isn't as crispy (giòn) as its relatives in other regions.
    It's because they keep it on fire longer.
    Is the mixture different?
    Yes, it is.
    The pancake is soft and served with herbs.
    The dipping sauce tastes both sour and sweet (nước chấm có vị chua & ngọt).
    Let me see.
    The sauce is less sour and has the strong taste of some kind of fish sauce.
    We mix fish sauce with sugar, lemon juice, and chilli.
    Shrimp pancake is more popular.
    I rare see squid pancake.
    Here people prefer pancake with squids".

luyen-thi-thu-khoa-vn-information.png Normally, shrimp and squid are the most popular seafood in coastal areas.
    But on Binh Ba island, it's lobster (tôm hùm).
    Visitors pay so much attention to lobsters that they forget fresh and tasty shrimps and squids here.
    The local fishermen catch squids and shrimps at night for relaxation before netting feed for lobsters. (Mực và tôm thường được người dân ở đây đi câu vào ban đêm, là câu chơi, câu thư giãn trong lúc đi thả lưới bắt mồi để nuôi tôm hùm).
    In the next morning, if there is a huge catch of squids and shrimps, they sell them to the local "căn" cake and pancake makers.
    So, this pancake shop must have freshest shrimps and squids.
    luyen-thi-thu-khoa-location-travel.png "How long have you been involved in selling the cake?
    I sold "căn" cake before shifting to this kind of cake.
    Who are your main customers, visitors or local people?
    My customers are both visitors and local people.
    Many people introduced you to me.
    It's because I sell the best cakes. I've made the cake for decades.
    This is how pancakes are made in other places.
    Mixture is poured into a big pan and spread all over the pan. Then, some bean sprouts, pork, and shrimps that are pre-cooked are added to.
    I saw that on TV.
    The cake is folded in half and cut into slices.
    The slice of pancake is wrapped in rice paper and served with herbs.
    It's the different pancake style.
    Pancake here is dipped in sauce only.
    As you use fresh ingredients, it takes more time for the cake to be done.
    Yes.
    So, the cake is fresher.
    Yes. It must be fresher and tastier".

luyen-thi-thu-khoa-vn-information.png Biting into the pancake, we can feel that the cake is not only soft and has the fragrance of rice flour, green bean flour and bean sprouts, but also has the fatty flavor of pork, the fragrance and crispness of squids, and the chewy texture of shrimp (Cắn miếng bánh xèo mềm mềm, thơm thơm mùi từ bột gạo lẫn đậu và giá đỗ, còn cảm nhận được ngay vị béo béo của thịt, vị thơm giòn của mực và vị dai dai của tôm tươi).
    Pancake is a kind of snack, eaten at between 3-5p.m.
    Binh Ba pancake is liked by not only visitors but also local people.

Theo LTTK Education tổng hợp