Sách bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 - Unit 1: a day in the life of... - Language focus

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

B.LANGUAGE FOCUS
    Exercise 1. Write the words which contain the sound /i/ in column A and those which contain the sound /i:/ in column B.
    Viết những từ chứa âm /i/ vào cột A và từ chứa âm /:i/ vào cột B

A (x)B(i:)
    contented
    split
    kitchen
    lead
    drink
    tea
    appeal
    continue
    children
    beat
    Đáp án:
    A (I)B (i :)
    contentedcontented
    splitsplit
    kitchenkitchen
    leadlead
    drinkdrink
    teatea
    appealappeal
    continuecontinue
    childrenchildren
    beatbeat
    Exercise 2. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
    Điền đúng dạng động từ vào chỗ trống.

A man from Newcastle was working in London and he (1. hear) _____that his wife (2. be) _____about to have a baby, but in Newcastle, not in London. So the man (3. stop) _____what he (4. do) _____, (5. rush) _____off to the railway station and (6. jump) _____on the train. He (7. start) _____chatting to the woman (8. sit) _____next to him and (9. tell) _____ her about the baby. "Well, that’s wonderful," said the woman. "And your wife’s in Edinburgh, (10. Be) _____she?" "No," said the man, "She’s in Newcastle." "But the train (11. not stop) _____in Newcastle," said the woman. "This (12. Be) _____the fast train to Edinburgh." The man (13. shock) _____. He rushed (14. talk) _____to the driver. "I can’t do anything," said the driver. "Well, what I can do is this. I can slow down when we go through Newcastle and my big strong friend here can hold you outside the train. You start (15. run) _____and when he thinks your legs (16. move) _____fast enough, he (17. drop) _____you on the platform." So that’s what they (18. do) _____. They opened the door, the driver’s big strong friend held the man over the platform and when he thought his legs (19. move) _____fast enough, he (20. drop) _____him on the platform.
    Đáp án:
    1. heard6. jumped11. doesn’t stop16. are moving
    2. was7. started12. is17. ’ll/will drop
    3. stopped8. sitting13. was shocked18. did
    4. was doing9. told14. to talk19. were moving
    5.rushed10. isn't15. running20. dropped