Sách bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 - Unit 3: people's background - Language focus

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Exercise 1. Read aloud the dialogue, paying attention to the sounds /e/and /ee/.
    Đọc to đoạn hội thoại sau, chú ý đến âm /e/ và /æ/.

Ben:Hello, Alice.
    Alice:Hello, Ben. Have a cigarette.
    Ben:Thanks, Alice. How did you spend your holiday?
    Alice:I went to Africa with Jack.
    Ben:Was it expensive?Lan
    Alice:Yes, very.
    Ben:Have you any money left?
    Alice:Yes, exactly ten pence!
    Exercise 2. Choose the correct form of the verbs in brackets and write the complete passage on the blank lines.
    Chọn dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc và viết đoạn văn hoàn chỉnh vào dòng trống.

It (1. was / had been) a beautiful morning. It (2. rained / had rained) in the night and so the ground (3. was / had been) fresh and clean and it (4. smelt / had smelt) wonderful. None of the Taylor family (5. were / had been) awake though. They (6. went / had gone) to bed very late the night before. Their Australian cousin (7. arrived / had arrived) unexpectedly that evening and they (8. sat up / c) talking most of the night. Although it (9. was / had been) now 8 o'clock in the morning, they (10. were / had been) in bed for about two hours only.
    Đáp án:
    1. was 2. had rained
    3. was 4. smelt
    5. were 6. had gone
    7. had arrived 8. had sat up
    9. was 10. had been
    Excercise 3: Choose the best answer in brackets.
    Chọn câu trả lời đúng trong ngoặc.

1. We tried to phone Henry this afternoon, but there (were/ had been/ was/ would be) no answer. He (went/ has gone/ was going/ had gone) out.
    2. They arrived at work in the morning and found that somebody (had broken/ broke/ was breaking/ were breaking) into the office during the night. So they (had called/ called/ would call/ were calling) the police.
    3. I was driving home when I (see/ was seeing/ saw/ had seen) a car which (broke/ was breaking/ had broken/ would break) down, so I (stop/ would stop/ had stopped/ stopped) to see if I could help).
    4. Yesterday Bob was very surprised when he (had had/ had/ would have/ was having) a phone call from Ann. He (had written/ wrote/ has written/ was writing) to her many times, but she (never replied/ has not replied/ had never replied/ never had replied) to his letters.
    5. Lisa (had met/ was meeting/ would meet/ met) Brian a few weeks ago. He (just had come/ had come just/ had just come/ just came) back from holiday. He (looked/ looks/ is looking/ had looked) very well.
    Đáp án:
    1. was; had gone
    2. had broken; called
    3. saw; had broken; stopped
    4. had; had written; had never replied
    5. met; had just come; looked