Sách bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 - Unit 8: The story of my village - Writing

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

WRITING
    Exercise 1. Choose the letter A, B or C to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following sentences.
    Chọn câu có nghĩa gần nhất với các câu dưới đây

1. “I can help you with your homework after I finish my tasks,” she said to her younger brother.
    A. She said to her younger brother that she could help him with his homework after she had finished her tasks.
    B. She said to her younger brother that she could help him with his homework after she finished her tasks.
    C. She had said to her younger brother that she could help him with his homework after she had finished her tasks.
    2. “People’s ways of communication have changed greatly thanks to technological achievements,” she said.
    A. She said that people’s ways of communication had changed greatly thanks to technological achievements.
    B. She said that people’s ways of communication changed greatly thanks to technological achievements.
    C. She said that people’s ways of communication would have changed greatly thanks to technological achievements.
    3. “It took me two hours to read the whole book,” Tom told his mother.
    A. Tom told his mother that it took him two hours to read the whole book.
    B. Tom told his mother that it took me two hours to read the whole book.
    C. Tom told his mother that it had taken him two hours to read the whole book.
    4. “I’ll go swimming tomorrow if the weather is fine,” he said.
    A. He said he would go swimming tomorrow if the weather was fine.
    B. He said he would go swimming the next day if the weather was fine.
    C. He said he will go swimming tomorrow if the weather is fine.
    5. “I’ll lend you my book when I finish it,” she said to me.
    A. She said she would lend me her book when she finished it.
    B. She said she will lend me her book when she finished it.
    C. She said she lends me her book when she finishes it.
    Đáp án:
    1. B 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. A
    Exercise 2. Your penfriend, Dave, has decided to visit you next weekend. Write him a letter telling him the way to your house from Roston Railway Station. Your house is F on the map.
    Bạn qua thư của bạn, Dave, đã quyết định sẽ đến thăm bạn cuối tuần tới. Hẫy viết 1 bức thư cho cậu ấy chỉ đường đến nhà bạn từ ga xe lửa Roston. Nhà của bạn là điểm F trên bản đồ.

01.png

Suggested letter

Dear Dove,
    It is really nice to hear that you have decided to visit me next weekend. I'm sure we'll have a very good time together. I'm writing to tell you how to get to my house from Roston Railway Station.
    When you get out of the station, turn right. Keep walking for about 5 minutes, you'll see a small bridge ahead. Go over the bridge, walk past a medical centre, turn left into Parker Avenue, keep to the right of the avenue, walk past a shop and two houses, my house is just after the street corner, opposite a bakery's. You can't miss it. I have enclosed a map so that you can follow my directions easily.
    Looking forward to welcoming you to my house.
    Love,
    Rosie