Test Yourself B Unit 4 - 6 lớp 12 Tiếng Anh lớp 12

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Tóm tắt bài

1. Listening - Trang 72

• Listen to the passage about children education and complete the following sentences. (Nghe đoạn văn về giáo dục thiếu nhi và hoàn thành những câu sau.)
    1. In the past, teachers made students sit for hours and memorize all…………....…
    2. Today many teachers wonder if it is not possible to make children…………….....
    3. They say you must let students learn and discover……………………………...........
    4. Children are at school only because their parents……………………………............
    5. The law does not let them work until they reach…………………………….............
    Guide to answer Test Yourself B Listening
    1. In the past, teachers made students sit for hours and memorize all sorts of things
    2. Today many teachers wonder if it is not possible to make children learn at all.
    3. They say you must let students learn and discover things for themselves.
    4. Children are at school only because their parents make them go.
    5. The law does not let them work until they reach a certain age.
    • Tapescript Listening Test Yourself Listening English 12
    Children education is changing very rapidly today. In the past, teachers made children sit still for hours. They made them memorize all sorts of things. Today, many teachers wonder if it is not possible to make children learn at all. They say they can only help them to discover things for themselves. For some children, school is a kind of prison. They are at school only because their parents make them go. They get out of the classroom as soon as the teachers let them leave. Many of them want to find jobs but the law does not let them work until they reach a certain age. And so, they have to stay in school. Often they all hate every moment.
    Phần dịch bài nghe Thực hành Test Yourself B Tiếng Anh 12
    Giáo dục trẻ em ngày nay đang biến đổi một cách nhanh chóng. Ngày trước, giáo viên bắt trẻ em ngồi học nhiều giờ đồng hồ. Họ bắt chúng ghi nhớ mọi thứ. Ngày nay, nhiều giáo viên tự hỏi có phải không thể bắt trẻ em học tất cả mọi thứ. Họ nói rằng họ chỉ có thể giúp những đứa trẻ tự mình khám phá mọi thứ. Với một số trẻ em, trường học là một loại nhà giam. Chúng chỉ đến trường vì bị cha mẹ bắt đi học. Chúng rời khỏi lớp học ngay khi giáo viên cho phép chúng đi ra. Nhiều đứa muốn đi tìm việc nhưng pháp luật không cho phép lao động cho đến khi đến tuổi. Và vì vậy, chúng phải ở lại trường học. Tất cả chúng đều căm ghét giây phút đó.
    2. Reading - Trang 72

Read the passage and fill in each blank with a suitable word from the box. (Đọc đoạn văn và điền mỗi chỗ trống với từ thích hợp trong khung.)
    subjects final count qualification who requirements when
    graded equivalent courses
    A-level (Advanced level) is a British exam taken in a particular subject, usually in the (1)…………..year of school. A-levels are still themost common way of fulfilling the entry (2)………….. for degree courses in universities. Most students in the UK start preparing for A-level exams (3)………….they are aged around sixteen or seventeen and courses normally last for two years, although some independent colleges and some colleges of further education offer intensive one- year A-level (4)………... Students usually take between two and four (5)……… at one time and will normally be expected to have a GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) or equivalent (6)……………in the subject they wish to take at A-level. Assessment for most subjects is in the form of written exam at the end of the course. Passes are (7)………between A and E with A being the highest. An AS level (Advanced Supplementary) is of an (8)…………..standard to an A-level but has half the subject content. In terms of entrance requirements for a degree course, two AS levels (9).................. as one A-level. AS levels are sometimes taken by students (10)………….feel that it is too early to specialize and wish to take a wider variety of subjects.
    Guide to answer Test Yourself B Reading English 12
    1. final 2. requirements 3. When 4. Courses 5. subjects
    6. qualification 7. Eraded 8. Equivalent 9. Count 10. who
    Phần dịch bài đọc Thực hành Test Yourself B Tiếng Anh 12
    Trình độ A (trình độ cao cấp) là một kỳ thi ở Anh về một môn nào đó, thường được tổ chức vào năm cuối cấp phổ thông. Các kỳ thi trình độ A vẫn là thủ tục phổ biến nhất để vào đại học. Hầu hết học sinh ở Vương quốc Anh bắt đầu chuẩn bị cho kỳ thi trình độ A ở tuổi 16 hay 17 và các khóa học thường kéo dài hai năm, mặc dù một số trường cao đẳng tư nhân và trường cao đẳng bổ túc có các khóa trình độ A cấp tốc kéo dài một năm. Học sinh thường thi từ 2 đến 4 môn một lần và thường phải có bằng tốt nghiệp hoặc chứng chỉ tương đương của môn mà họ muốn chọn trong kỳ thi trình độ A. Việc đánh giá các môn hầu hết được thực hiện qua kỳ thi viết cuối khóa. Các môn thi dỗ được đánh giá theo thang điểm từ A đến E, trong đó điểm A là điểm cao nhất. Chuẩn AS tương đương với chuẩn trình độ A nhưng phạm vi ra đề chỉ bằng một nửa. Về điều kiện vào đại học, hai điểm trình độ AS được xem như một điểm trình độ A. Đôi khi học sinh thi trình độ AS vì họ cho rằng còn quá sớm để học chuyên ngành và họ muốn được học nhiều môn hơn.
    3. Grammar - Trang 73

A. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it is similar in meaning to the original sentence. (Hoàn thành mỗi câu sau theo cách nào đó để nó có nghĩa tương tự với câu gốc.)
    1. Someone has cleaned the windows.
    The windows _________________
    2. They are going to build a supermarket in this area.
    A supermarket ____________________.
    3. They say Lan won a special prize.
    Lan is ________________________ .
    4. You won't know what to do unless you listen carefully.
    If you ____________________.
    5. I can’t give vou a lift because I don’t have a car.
    If I had ______________________.
    6. We got lost because we didn’t bring a city map.
    If we _____________________.
    Guide to answer Test Yourself B Grammar A English 12
    1. The windows have been cleaned.
    2. A supermarket is going to be built in this area.
    3. Lan is said to have won a special prize.
    4. If you listen carefully, you will know what to do.
    5. If I had a car, I'd give you a lift.
    6. If we had brought a city map, we wouldn’t have got lost.
    B. Join the sentences, using relative clauses. (Kết hợp câu, dùng mệnh đề quan hệ.)
    1. A girl answered the phone. She told me you were out.
    ……………………………………….
    2. The chair was broken two days ago. The chair has now been repaired.
    ………………………………………
    3. I saw some people. Their car had broken down.
    ………………………………………
    4. I recently went back to my hometown, I was born there.
    …………………………………………
    Guide to answer Test Yourself B Grammar B English 12
    1. The girl who answered the phone told me you were out.
    2. The chair which was broken two days ago has now been repaired.
    3. I saw some people whose car had broken down.
    4. I recently went back to my hometown where I was born.
    4. Writing - Trang 73

Suppose you are looking lor a part-lime job as a librarian during the summer holiday at a university in the UK. In about 150 words, write a letter of application for the University’s Employment Service. The following cues may help you. (Giả sử em đang tìm một việc làm bán thời gian là người quản lý thư viện ở một trường đại học ở Vương quốc Anh. Với khoảng 150 từ, viết một lá thư xin việc cho văn phòng tìm việc làm của trường đại học. Những từ đề nghị sau có thể giúp em.)
    • Reasons for writing
    • Qualifications
    • English proficiency
    • Work experience
    • Computer skills
    • Character and interests
    Guide to answer Writing Test Yourself B English 12
    Dear Sir/Madam
    With reference to your notice on the “University Bulletin”, I would like to apply for the part-time job as a librarian at your university during this summer holiday.
    I am in the third year of a four-year degree course in Business Administration at Bristol University. Last year I had to choose an optional subject and I opted for “Public Relations” with special reference to dealing with the public.
    While in high school, I was appointed to be in charge of my school library. Therefore I think I have got some experience in this field. In addition, I passed the Certificate of Proficiency in English and the Certificate of Computer Science last year.
    As I am aware that a librarian in a university has to have enough scope for his/her abilities of self-expression and of dealing with people.
    I, therefore, sincerely hope that you will give due consideration to my case and let me know your decision at your earliest convenience.
    Yours faithfully,