Tổng hợp những câu trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 12

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪
    FIRST TIME IN THE AIR
    When John Mills was going to fly in an aeroplane for the first time, he was frightened. He did not like the idea of being thousands of feet up in the air. “ I also didn't like the fact that I wouldn't be in control,” says John.
    “I'm a terrible passenger in the car. When somebody else is driving, I tell them what to so. It drives everybody crazy.”
    However John couldn't avoid flying any longer. It was the only way he could visit his grandchildren in Canada.
    “I had made up my mind that I was going to do it, I couldn't let my son, his wife and their three children travel all the way here to visit me. It would be so expensive for them and I know Tom's business isn't doing so well at the moment – it would also be tiring for the children – it's a nine-hour flight!” he says.
    To get ready for the flight John did lots of reading about aeroplanes. When he booked his seat, he was told that he would be flying on a Boeing 747, which is better known as a jumbo jet. “I needed to know as much as possible before getting in that plane. I suppose it was a way of making myself feel better. The Boeing 747 is the largest passenger aircraft in the world at the moment. The first one flew on February 9th 1969 in the USA. It can carry up to 524 passengers and 3.400 pieces of luggage. The fuel for aeroplanes is kept in the wings and the 747 is wings are so big that they can carry enough fuel for an average car to be able to travel 16,000 kilometres a year for 70 years. Isn't that unbelievable? Even though I had discovered all this very interesting information about the jumbo, when I saw it for the first time, just before I was going to travel to Canada, I still couldn't believe that something so enormous was going to get up in the air and fly. I was even more impressed when I saw how big it was inside with hundreds of people!”
    The biggest surprise of all for John was the flight itself. “The take-off itself was much smoother than I expected although I was still quite scared until we were in the air. In the end, I managed to relax, enjoy the food and watch one of the movies and the view from the window was spectacular. I even managed to sleep for a while! Of course,” continues John, “the best reward of all was when I arrived in Canada and saw my son and his family, particularly my beautiful grandchildren. Suddenly, I felt so silly about all the years when I couldn't even think of getting on a plane. I had let my fear of living stop me from seeing the people I love most in the world. I can visit my son and family as often as I like now!”
    Why did John read about aeroplane?
    • He wanted to know how they work.
    • It was his hobby.
    • It made him feel safer.
    • He had found a book on them.

Kiến thức: Đọc hiểu
    Giải thích:
    Tại sao ông John đọc về máy bay ?
    A. Ông muốn biết nó hoặt động như nào? B. Sở thích của ông.
    C. Để đảm bảo an toàn cho ông. D. Ông ấy tìm được 1 quyển sách về máy bay.
    Dẫn chứng: To get ready for the flight John did lots of reading about aeroplanes. When he booked his seat, he was told that he would be flying on a Boeing 747, which is better known as a jumbo jet. “I needed to know as much as possible before getting in that plane.
    => A

2. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    FIRST TIME IN THE AIR
    When John Mills was going to fly in an aeroplane for the first time, he was frightened. He did not like the idea of being thousands of feet up in the air. “ I also didn't like the fact that I wouldn't be in control,” says John.
    “I'm a terrible passenger in the car. When somebody else is driving, I tell them what to so. It drives everybody crazy.”
    However John couldn't avoid flying any longer. It was the only way he could visit his grandchildren in Canada.
    “I had made up my mind that I was going to do it, I couldn't let my son, his wife and their three children travel all the way here to visit me. It would be so expensive for them and I know Tom's business isn't doing so well at the moment – it would also be tiring for the children – it's a nine-hour flight!” he says.
    To get ready for the flight John did lots of reading about aeroplanes. When he booked his seat, he was told that he would be flying on a Boeing 747, which is better known as a jumbo jet. “I needed to know as much as possible before getting in that plane. I suppose it was a way of making myself feel better. The Boeing 747 is the largest passenger aircraft in the world at the moment. The first one flew on February 9th 1969 in the USA. It can carry up to 524 passengers and 3.400 pieces of luggage. The fuel for aeroplanes is kept in the wings and the 747 is wings are so big that they can carry enough fuel for an average car to be able to travel 16,000 kilometres a year for 70 years. Isn't that unbelievable? Even though I had discovered all this very interesting information about the jumbo, when I saw it for the first time, just before I was going to travel to Canada, I still couldn't believe that something so enormous was going to get up in the air and fly. I was even more impressed when I saw how big it was inside with hundreds of people!”
    The biggest surprise of all for John was the flight itself. “The take-off itself was much smoother than I expected although I was still quite scared until we were in the air. In the end, I managed to relax, enjoy the food and watch one of the movies and the view from the window was spectacular. I even managed to sleep for a while! Of course,” continues John, “the best reward of all was when I arrived in Canada and saw my son and his family, particularly my beautiful grandchildren. Suddenly, I felt so silly about all the years when I couldn't even think of getting on a plane. I had let my fear of living stop me from seeing the people I love most in the world. I can visit my son and family as often as I like now!”
    What happened when he saw the jumbo jet for the first time?
    • He felt much safer.
    • He liked the shape of it.
    • He couldn‟t believe how big it was
    • He thought the wings were very small

Giải thích:
    Điều gì đã diễn ra khi ông ấy nhìn thấy chiếc máy bay phản lực lần đầu tiên?
    A. Ông ấy cảm thấy an toàn hơn. B. Ông ấy thích hình dáng của nó.
    C. Ông ngạc nhiên về độ lớn của nó. D. Ông ấy nghĩ cánh của nó rất nhỏ.
    Dẫn chứng: Even though I had discovered all this very interesting information about the jumbo, when I saw it for the first time, just before I was going to travel to Canada, I still couldn't believe that something so enormous was going to get up in the air and fly. I was even more impressed when I saw how big it was inside with hundreds of people!”
    Đáp án: C

3. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    FIRST TIME IN THE AIR
    How did John feel when the aeroplane was taking off?

• excited
    • happy
    • sad
    • frightened

Giải thích:
    Ông John cảm thấy thế nào khi máy bay cất cánh?
    A. thú vị B. vui C. buồn D. sợ hãi
    Dẫn chứng: “The take-off itself was much smoother than I expected although I was still quite scared until we were in the air.
    Đáp án: D

4. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    FIRST TIME IN THE AIR
    What surprised John most about the flight?
    • that he liked the food.
    • that he was able to sleep
    • that there was a movie being shown
    • that the view was good

Giải thích:
    Điều gì khiến ông John ngạc nhiên nhất về chuyến bay?
    A. Ông ấy thích đồ ăn. B. Ông ấy có thể ngủ.
    C. Có chiếu phim. D. Cảnh rất đẹp.
    Dẫn chứng: In the end, I managed to relax, enjoy the food and watch one of the movies and the view from the window was spectacular. I even managed to sleep for a while! Of course,”
    Đáp án: B

5. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    FIRST TIME IN THE AIR
    How did John feel about his fears in the end?

• He thought he had wasted time being afraid.
    • He realized it was okay to be afraid.
    • He hoped his grand children weren‟t afraid of flying.
    • He realized that being afraid kept him safe.

Giải thích:
    Cuối cùng thì ông John cảm thấy thế nào về nhưng nỗi sợ?
    A. Ông nghĩ mình đã phí thời gian để sợ hãi
    B. Ông nhận ra khá ổn khi sợ hãi
    C. Ông hi vọng cháu mình sẽ không sợ bay
    D. Ông nhận ra việc sợ hãi giúp ông được an toàn.
    Dẫn chứng: Suddenly, I felt so silly about all the years when I couldn't even think of getting on a plane. I had let my fear of living stop me from seeing the people I love most in the world. I can visit my son and family as often as I like now!”
    => A
    Dịch bài đọc
    Khi John Mills bay lần đầu tiên trên máy bay, ông đã rất sợ hãi. Ông không thích cảm giác cách xa mặt đất cả ngàn feet trong không trung. "Tôi cũng không thích thực tế là tôi không kiểm soát được", John nói."Tôi là một hành khách khủng khiếp trong ô tô. Khi người khác lái xe, tôi sẽ nói với họ phải lái thế nào. Điều này khiến họ phát điên lên."
    Tuy nhiên, John không thể trốn tránh việc ba mãi nữa. Đó là cách duy nhất ông có thể ghé thăm các cháu của mình tại Canada. "Tôi đã quyết định sẽ thực hiện điều này, tôi không thể để con trai tôi, vợ và ba đứa cháu bay cả chuyến đường dài để tới thăm tôi được. Sẽ rất tốn kém và tôi biết việc kinh doanh của Tom lúc này không tốt – bọn trẻ cũng sẽ thấy mệt nữa – chuyến bay dài 9 tiếng! "ông nói.
    Để sẵn sàng John đọc rất nhiều về máy bay. Khi ông đặt vé, ông nói rằng ông sẽ bay trên một chiếc Boeing 747, tốt hơn thì được gọi là một máy bay phản lực lớn, "Tôi cần phải biết càng nhiều càng tốt trước khi đặt vé bay chiếc máy bay đó. Tôi cho rằng đó là một cách để làm cho bản thân mình cảm thấy tốt hơn. Boeing 747 là máy bay chở khách lớn nhất thế giới ở thời điểm này. Chiếc đầu tiên bay vào ngày 9 tháng 2 năm 1969 tại Hoa Kỳ. Nó có thể chở hành khách 524 và 3.400 hành lý. Nhiên liệu cho máy bay được giữ ở cánh và đôi cánh của chiếc 747 lớn đến mức có thể mang đủ nhiên liệu cho một chiếc xe trung bình để có thể đi du lịch 16.000 kilômét một năm trong vòng 70 năm. Không thể tin được đúng không? Mặc dù tôi đã phát hiện ra tất cả các thông tin này rất thú vị về chiếc máy bay, khi tôi thấy nó lần đầu tiên, ngay trước khi tôi đến Canada, tôi vẫn không thể tin rằng có thứ lại lớn như vậy được đưa lên không trung và bay. Tôi đã thậm chí còn ấn tượng hơn nhiều khi thấy nó có thể chứa hàng trăm người! " Bất ngờ lớn nhất của John là chính chuyến."Nó cất cánh mượt hơn tôi nghĩ
    nhiều, mặc dù tôi vẫn còn khá sợ hãi cho đến khi chúng tôi lên không trung. Cuối cùng, tôi vẫn thư giãn, thưởng thức các món ăn, xem một trong những bộ phim và ngắm cảnh. Tôi thậm chí còn có thể ngủ được 1 lát!” John tiếp tục “ phần thưởng lớn nhất là khi tôi đến Canada và thấy con trai cùng gia đình, đặc biệt là đứa cháu xinh đẹp của mình. Đột nhiên, tôi cảm thấy rất ngớ ngẩn về tất cả những năm tháng khi tôi thậm chí không dám nghĩ về việc bước lên máy bay. Nỗi sợ hãi đã ngăn tôi được gặp những người tôi yêu thương nhất trên thế giới.
    Bây giờ tôi có thể ghé thăm con trai và gia đình của tôi thường xuyên

6. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Although noise, commonly defined as unwanted sound, is a widely recognized form of pollution, it is very difficult to measure because the discomfort experienced by different individuals is highly subjective and, therefore, variable. Exposure to lower levels of noise may be slightly irritating, whereas exposure to higher levels may actually cause hearing loss. Particularly in congested urban areas, the noise produced as a by-product of our advancing technology causes physical and psychological harm, and detracts from the quality of life for those who are exposed to it.
    Unlike the eyes, which can be covered by the eyelids against strong light, the ear has no lid, and is, therefore, always open and vulnerable; noise penetrates without protection.
    Noise causes effects that the hearer cannot control and to which the body never becomes accustomed. Loud noises instinctively signal danger to any organism with a hearing mechanism, including human beings. In response, heartbeat and respiration accelerate, blood vessels constrict, the skin pales, and muscles tense. In fact, there is a general increase in functioning brought about by the flow of adrenaline released in response to fear, and some of these responses persist even longer than the noise, occasionally as long as thirty minutes after the sound has ceased.
    Because noise is unavoidable in a complex, industrial society, we are constantly responding in the same way that we would respond to danger. Recently, researchers have concluded that noise and our response may be much more than an annoyance. It may be a serious threat to physical and psychological health and well-being, causing damage not only to the ear and brain but also to the heart and stomach. We have long known that hearing loss is America's number one nonfatal health problem, but now we are learning that some of us with heart disease and ulcers may be victims of noise as well. Fetuses exposed to noise tend to be overactive, they cry easily, and they are more sensitive to gastrointestinal problems after birth. In addition, the psychic effect of noise is very important. Nervousness, irritability, tension, and anxiety increase affecting the quality of rest during sleep, and the efficiency of activities during waking hours, as well as the way that we interact with each other
    Which of the following is the author‟s main point?

• Hearing loss is America's number one nonfatal health problem.
    • Loud noises signal danger.
    • Noise may pose a serious threat to our physical and psychological health.
    • The ear is not like the eye.

Giải thích:
    Câu nào sau đây là ý chính tác giải muốn gửi gắm?
    A. Mất thính giác là vấn đề sức khỏe nhỏ ở Mỹ.
    B. Tiếng ồn lớn báo hiệu sự nguy hiểm.
    C. Tiếng ồn có thể gây ra một mối đe dọa nghiêm trọng đối với sức khoẻ thể chất và tâm lý của chúng ta.
    D. Tai không giống như mắt.

7. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Although noise, commonly defined as unwanted sound, is a widely recognized form of pollution, it is very difficult to measure because the discomfort experienced by different individuals is highly subjective and, therefore, variable. Exposure to lower levels of noise may be slightly irritating, whereas exposure to higher levels may actually cause hearing loss. Particularly in congested urban areas, the noise produced as a by-product of our advancing technology causes physical and psychological harm, and detracts from the quality of life for those who are exposed to it.
    Unlike the eyes, which can be covered by the eyelids against strong light, the ear has no lid, and is, therefore, always open and vulnerable; noise penetrates without protection.
    Noise causes effects that the hearer cannot control and to which the body never becomes accustomed. Loud noises instinctively signal danger to any organism with a hearing mechanism, including human beings. In response, heartbeat and respiration accelerate, blood vessels constrict, the skin pales, and muscles tense. In fact, there is a general increase in functioning brought about by the flow of adrenaline released in response to fear, and some of these responses persist even longer than the noise, occasionally as long as thirty minutes after the sound has ceased.
    Because noise is unavoidable in a complex, industrial society, we are constantly responding in the same way that we would respond to danger. Recently, researchers have concluded that noise and our response may be much more than an annoyance. It may be a serious threat to physical and psychological health and well-being, causing damage not only to the ear and brain but also to the heart and stomach. We have long known that hearing loss is America's number one nonfatal health problem, but now we are learning that some of us with heart disease and ulcers may be victims of noise as well. Fetuses exposed to noise tend to be overactive, they cry easily, and they are more sensitive to gastrointestinal problems after birth. In addition, the psychic effect of noise is very important. Nervousness, irritability, tension, and anxiety increase affecting the quality of rest during sleep, and the efficiency of activities during waking hours, as well as the way that we interact with each other
    According to the passage, what is noise?

• A byproduct of technology.
    • Physical and psychological harm
    • Congestion..
    • Unwanted sound.

Giải thích:
    Theo như đoạn văn, tiếng ồn là gì?
    A. Sản phẩm phụ của công nghệ
    B. Tác hại tâm lý và thể chất.
    C. Sự đông đúc
    D. Âm thanh không mong muốn
    Dẫn chứng: Although noise, commonly defined as unwanted sound, is a widely recognized form of pollution.
    Đáp án: D

8. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Why is noise difficult to measure?
    • All people do not respond to it in the same way
    • It causes hearing loss.
    • It is unwanted.
    • People become accustomed to it.

Giải thích:
    Tại sao âm thanh khó đo lường ?
    A. Mọi người phản ứng với nó theo các cách khác nhau.
    B. Nó gây ra bệnh mất thính giác.
    C. Nó không được mong muốn.
    D. Mọi người đã quen với nó.
    Dẫn chứng: it is very difficult to measure because the discomfort experienced by different individuals is highly subjective and, therefore, variable.
    Đáp án: A

9. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    The word congested in paragraph 1 could best be replaced by ___.
    • hazardous
    • crowed
    • polluted
    • rushed

Kiến thức: Từ vựng
    Giải thích:
    Từ “congested” ở đoạn 1 gần nghĩa với?
    A. khó khăn
    B. đông đúc
    C. ô nhiễm
    D. vội vàng.
    congested = crowded (a): đông đúc
    Đáp án: B

10. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    The word it in the first paragraph refers to ___.

• the quality of life
    • advancing technology
    • the noise
    • physical and psychological harm

Kiến thức: Từ vựng, đọc hiểu
    Giải thích:
    Từ “ it” ở đoạn 1 chỉ____?
    A. chất lượng cuộc sống
    B. công nghệ tiên tiến
    C. âm thanh
    D. tác hại tâm lý và thể chất.
    Dẫn chứng: Particularly in congested urban areas, the noise produced as a by-product of our advancing technology causes physical and psychological harm, and detracts from the quality of life for those who are exposed to it.