Trắc Nghiệm Chuyên Đề Luyện Viết Tiếng Anh

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪
    Câu 741:
    Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSEST in meaning to the sentence given in each of the following questions.
    They arrived too late to get good seats.
    • A. They had to stand for the whole show.
    • B. Although they were late, they found some good seats.
    • C. They got good seats some time after they arrived.
    • D. As they got there too late, there were no good seats left.
    Đáp án đúng là D: "Vì họ đến quá trễ nên không còn chỗ ngồi nào tốt cả."
    Các câu còn lại đều không phù hợp:
    A: Họ phải đứng suốt buổi diễn.
    B: Mặc dù đến trễ, họ vẫn tìm được vài chỗ ngồi tốt.
    C: Họ tìm được vài chỗ ngồi tốt một lúc sau khi đến nơi.

2. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 742:
    Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
    She looked through the hotel advertisements. She stopped only when taking a fancy to one piece.
    • A. She stopped looking through the hotel advertisements only when she had found another piece.
    • B. She took so great a fancy to the hotel advertisements that she could not stop reading them.
    • C. She stopped reading the hotel advertisements only when one of them caught her fancy.
    • D. She found the hotel advertisements so interesting that she could hardly turn away from them.
    Đáp án đúng là C: "Cô ấy dừng đọc những mẩu quảng cáo khách sạn chỉ khi có 1 trong số chúng làm cô ấy thích thú."
    Câu cho sẵn có nghĩa: "Cô ấy xem qua những quảng cáo khách sạn. Cô ấy dừng lại chỉ khi có 1 trong số chúng làm cô ấy thích thú."
    Ta có cấu trúc: "to take a fancy to someone/something" hay "catch someone's fancy" (làm cho ai đó thích thú)
    Các đáp án còn lại đều không phù hợp về mặt ngữ nghĩa.

3. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 743:
    Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines the pair of sentences given in each of the following questions
    Nam defeated the former champion in three sets. He finally won the inter-school table tennis championship.
    • A. Being defeated by the former champion, Nam lost the chance to play the final game of inter-school table tennis championship.
    • B. Having defeated the former champion in the inter-school table tennis, Nam did not hold the title of champion.
    • C. Having defeated the former champion in three sets, Nam won the inter-school table tennis championship.
    • D. Although Nam defeated the former champion in three sets, he did not win the title of inter-school table tennis champion.
    Đáp án đúng là C: "Sau khi đánh bại nhà cựu vô địch trong ba séc đấu, Nam cuối cùng cũng giành được chức vô địch giải bóng bàn liên trường.
    Câu cho sẵn nghĩa là: "Nam đã đánh bại nhà cựu vô địch trong ba séc đấu. Anh ấy cuối cùng cũng giành được chức vô địch giải bóng bàn liên trường."
    Đây là 2 mệnh đề diễn tả 2 sự việc diễn ra kế tiếp nhau nên dùng cấu trúc "Having + P.P" là hợp lí.
    Các câu còn lại không đúng về mặt ngữ nghĩa.

4. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 744:
    Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines the pair of sentences given in each of the following questions
    She wrote the text. She selected the illustration as well.
    • A. In order to select the illustration, she had to write the text.
    • B. The text she wrote was not as good as the illustration she selected.
    • C. If she had written the text, she would have selected the illustration.
    • D. She not only wrote the text but also selected the illustration.
    Đáp án đúng là D: "Cô ấy không chỉ viết bài khóa mà còn chọn dẫn chứng."
    Câu cho sẵn nghĩa là: "Cô ấy viết bài khóa. Cô ấy cũng chọn thêm dẫn chứng."
    Đây là 2 mệnh đề bổ sung thông tin cho nhau nên dùng cấu trúc "Not only..........but also........." là hợp lí.

5. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 745:
    Most scientists know him well. However, very few ordinary people have heard of him.
    • A. Many ordinary people know him better than most scientists do.
    • B. Although he is well known to scientists, he is little known to the general public.
    • C. He is the only scientist that is not known to the general public.
    • D. Not only scientists but also the general public know him as a big name.
    Đáp án đúng là B: "Mặc dù ông ấy nổi tiếng trong giới khoa học nhưng lại ít được công chúng biết đến."
    Câu cho sẵn nghĩa là: "Hầu hết các nhà khoa học đều biết ông ấy. Tuy nhiên, có rất ít công chúng biết đến ông ấy."
    Đây là 2 mệnh đề mang ý nghĩa tương phản nên dùng "Although" để nối 2 mệnh đề là hợp lí.

6. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 746:
    I do my homework and schoolwork in separate books. I don't get muddled up.
    • A. I do not get muddled up due to the separation between homework and schoolwork.
    • B. I would get muddled up if I did not separate homework from schoolwork.
    • C. I do my homework and schoolwork in separate books so that I don't get muddled up.
    • D. Having two separate books at home and at work helps me avoid getting muddled up.
    Đáp án đúng là C.
    Câu cho sẵn nghĩa là: "Tôi làm bài tập về nhà và bài tập ở trường vào những quyển tập riêng biệt. Tôi không bị rối."
    Đây là 2 mệnh đề chỉ nguyên nhân và kết quả nên đáp án C dùng cụm từ "so that" để nối 2 mệnh đề là hợp lí nhất.

7. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 747:
    Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSET in meaning to the sentence given in each of the following questions.
    “Why don't you join us for our next class reunion?” Mary said to me.
    • A. Mary insisted on my joining them for the next class reunion.
    • B. Mary cordially invited me to join them for the next class reunion.
    • C. Mary strongly urged me to join them for the next class reunion.
    • D. Mary advised me not to join them for the next class reunion.
    Đáp án đúng là B.
    Giải thích: Câu cho sẵn có nghĩa: Mary nói với tôi: "Cậu có muốn tham gia vào buổi họp lớp tiếp theo với chúng tớ không?"
    Dựa vào nghĩa thì đáp án B là hợp lí nhất: Mary chân thành mời tôi tham gia buổi họp lớp tiếp theo với họ.
    Các đáp án còn lại không hợp lí:
    A: Mary khẳng định với mọi người về sự có mặt của tôi trong buổi họp lớp tiếp theo.
    C: Mary thúc giục tôi tham gia buổi họp lớp tiếp theo.
    D: Mary khuyên tôi không nên tham gia buổi họp lớp tiếp theo.

8. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 748:
    Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSET in meaning to the sentence given in each of the following questions.
    The early failure of the Spanish squad in the 2014 World Cup deeply disappointed their fans.
    • A. That their squad left the 2014 World Cup so early was very disappointing for the Spanish sportsmen.
    • B. To the disappointment of their fans, the Spanish squad had to leave the 2014 World Cup too early.
    • C. Living up to their fans’ expectation, the Spanish squad left the 2014 World Cup so early.
    • D. The Spanish squad was terribly disappointed that their fans had to leave the 2014 World Cup so early.
    Đáp án đúng là B.
    Giải thích: Câu cho sẵn có nghĩa là: Việc đội tuyển Tây Ban Nha thất bại sớm tại World Cup 2014 đã làm người hâm mộ vô cùng thất vọng.
    Ta có cấu trúc "to disappoint someone" = "to someone's disappointment"/"to the disappointmet of someone" (làm cho ai đó thất vọng)
    Các đáp án còn lại đều không hợp lí:
    A: Việc đội Tây Ban Nha phải rời World Cup 2014 sớm như vậy là 1 điều thất vọng với những người chơi thể thao.
    C: Đáp lại mong đợi của người hâm mộ, đội tuyển Tây Ban Nha đã rời World Cup 2014 sớm.
    D: Đội Tây Ban Nha đã vô cùng thất vọng khi người hâm mộ của họ rời World Cup 2014 sớm như vậy.

9. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 749:
    “Send this urgent document immediately!” the officer told the soldier.
    • A. The officer advised the soldier to send the urgent document right away.
    • B. The officer ordered the soldier to deliver the urgent document instantly.
    • C. The officer requested that the soldier rush out due to the document’s urgency.
    • D. The officer recommended the soldier leave right away because of the urgent document.
    Đáp án đúng là B.
    Giải thích: Câu cho sẵn nghĩa là: Viên sĩ quan ra lệnh cho anh lính: "Gửi tài liệu khẩn này đi ngay lập tức."
    Ta có cấu trúc "to order somebody to do something": ra lệnh cho ai làm gì.
    Dịch: Viên sĩ quan đã ra lệnh cho anh lính gửi tài liệu khẩn này đi ngay lập tức.

10. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Câu 750:
    The president placed his car at my disposal as a bonus for my good work.
    • A. In order to praise me as a good worker, the president took me home in his own car.
    • B. To get rid of the car, the president decided to sell it to me, his good worker, at a bonus price.
    • C. I was willing to drive the president’s car as a compliment for my good performance at work.
    • D. To show his appreciation for my good work, the president allowed me to use his car whenever I liked.
    Đáp án đúng là D.
    Giải thích: Ta có cụm từ "to place something at someone's disposal": để cái gì cho ai tuỳ ý sử dụng nên đáp án hợp lí nhất là D.
    Dịch: Để tỏ lòng khen ngợi vì kết quả làm việc tốt của tôi, ngài chủ tịch đã cho phép tôi sử dụng xe hơi của ông ấy bất cứ khi nào tôi thích.