Unit 2 Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Bài dịch Reading - School Talks

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Tóm tắt bài

1. Before You Read Unit 2 Lớp 10

When you meet your friend, which of the following topics do you often talk about? (Khi em gặp bạn bè, em thường nói chuyện về các đề tài nào sau đây?)
    • sports and games: thể thao và trò chơi
    • entertainment: trò giải trí
    • health problems: những vấn đề sức khỏe
    • hobbies: sở thích
    • holidays: ngày nghỉ
    • films: phim
    • weather: thời tiết
    • work and study: công việc và việc học
    Guide to answer

When I meet my friend. I often talk about hobbies or work and study, but my friend likes talking about entertainment.
    I choose the topic "work and study" because it's useful for me in my study. Through the talk, we can find out the best way to study efficiently. I think this topic benefits not only me but also my friends.
    2. While You Read Unit 2 Lớp 10

Read the following small talks and then do the tasks that follow. (Đọc những bài nói chuyện ngắn sau đây và sau đó làm các bài tập theo sau.)
    Unit 2 Lớp 10 Reading Task 1

Fill each blank with one of the words in the box below. There are more words than needed. (Điền vào mỗi chỗ trống một trong các từ trong hộp dưới đây. Có nhiều từ hơn cần thiết.)
    language worry subjects crowded bike
    ride traffic enjoy narrow learn
    1. Young children ______ helping with household tasks.
    2. We were stuck in heavy _______ traffic for more than an hour.
    3. I think you don't have to ______ about your weight.
    4. It was two weeks before Christmas and the mall was ______ with shoppers.
    5. If two people speak the same _______, they usually have similar attitudes and opinions.
    Guide to answer

1. enjoy 2. traffic 3. worry 4. crowded 5. language
    Unit 2 Lớp 10 Reading Task 2

Work in pairs. Read the small talks again and find out who ... (Làm việc theo cặp. Đọc lại các bài nói chuyện ngắn và tìm xem ai ...)
    Name
    • enjoys teaching. Miss Phuong
    • has to get up early. Phong
    • lives far from school. Phong
    • loves working with children. Miss Phuong
    • loves learning English. Phong
    • rides a bike to school every day. Phong
    • studies at a high school. Phong
    • teaches English at a high school. Miss Huong
    • worries about someone else's safety. Mr. Ha
    Unit 2 Lớp 10 Reading Task 3

Answer the following questions. (Trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
    1. Where does Phong study? (Phong học ở đâu?)
    2. What subjects does he study? (Cậu ấy học những môn học nào?)
    3. Why does he want to learn English? (Tại sao cậu ấy muốn học tiếng Anh?)
    4. What does Miss Phuong say about her teaching profession? (Cô Phương nói gì về nghề dạy học của cô ấy?)
    5. Why does Mr. Ha worry about his son's safety? (Tại sao ông Hà lo lắng về sự an toàn của con trai ông?)
    Guide to answer
    1. He studies at Chu Van An High School.
    2. He studies many subjects such as Maths, Literature, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, ...
    3. He wants to learn English because it's an international language.
    4. She says it's hard work but she enjoys it because she loves working wilh children.
    5. The man worries about his son's travelling because there's so much traffic on the narrow and crowded wav to school.
    3. After you read Unit 2 Lớp 10

Work in groups. Talk about (Làm việc theo nhóm. Nói về:)
    • what subject(s) you like best and why. (môn học gì bạn thích học nhất và tại sao.)
    • what you like or dislike doing at school. (bạn thích hoặc không thích làm gì ở trường.)
    • what you worry about at school. (bạn lo lắng về điều gì ở trường.)
    Guide to answer
    • what subject(s) you like best and why. (môn học gì bạn thích học nhất và tại sao.)
    => I like learning Maths best because it helps us how to think logically and how to solve the problems systematically and scientifically.
    => I like learning English best because it's becoming an international language now and it's an effective means to understand other cultures, scholarship and civilizations in the world because most books about these issues are in English.
    • what you like or dislike doing at school. (bạn thích hoặc không thích làm gì ở trường.)
    => I like book-reports and discussion or talk classes, because they help us to know how to express our thoughts or ideas in public. This will be very useful for us in our future life when we are grown-ups.
    • what you worry about at school. (bạn lo lắng về điều gì ở trường.)
    => I think the school yard is very small. The laboratory lacks a great number of necessary equipment for the study.
    4. Bài dịch Reading Unit 2 Lớp 10

1. Xin chào. Mình tên là Nguyễn Hồng Phong, 16 tuổi. Mình là học sinh trường phổ thông trung học Chu Văn An. Mình học lớp 10A cùng với 45 bạn khác. Mình học nhiều môn như Toán, Lý, Hóa, Sinh, Văn, Sử, Địa ... mình muốn học tiếng Anh nhất vì nó là ngôn ngữ quốc tế. Mình thật sự không thích dậy sớm nhưng đành phải chịu thôi vì mình thường vào học lúc 7.15.
    2. Xin chào. Tôi tên Nguyễn Lan Phương. Tôi dạy tiếng Anh ở trường phổ thông trung học Chu Văn An. Đây là một trong những ngôi trường lớn nhất ở Hà Nội. Dạy học là công việc vất vả, nhưng tôi yêu thích nó vì tôi thích làm việc cùng các em học sinh.
    3. Tôi là Nguyễn Hồng Hà, cha của Phong. Chúng tôi sống trong một căn hộ nhỏ phía trên cửa hiệu ở góc phổ Tây Sơn. Căn hộ cách xa trường của Phong nên nó phải đến trường bằng xe đạp. Tôi lo lắng về việc ấy. Nó phải đạp xe tới trường trên những con đường chật hẹp và đông đúc vì có quá nhiều xe hơi, xe gắn máy, xe đạp lưu thông trên đường.
    Bài tập minh họa

Read the following passage then answer questions
    My most favourite subject is English, which is today one of the most important languages in the world. (1) _______.
    English has become an international language for a variety of reasons. One of the most important of those is that the English people have been well-known for their knowledge of science, medicine, engineering, government and all other matters that are useful for the progress of the human race. (2) _______.
    In the same way, English scholars have studied the past and discovered many things which were useful to men in the early days were later forgotten by others. (3) _______ .
    The thirst for knowledge of the English scholars has contributed to the progress of man in almost all fields of his activity. (4) _______. Thus, people whose mother tongue is not English have learnt English with great interest as a means of acquiring knowledge of all human affairs.
    As a result of this interest, English is used almost everywhere in the world. (5) _______, such as in the United Nations. It is also used in all the leading universities in the world and in international trade and commerce. As it is used so widely, (6) _______. People of all the countries of the world have contributed new ideas and thoughts to this language. Thus, more and more new words are being created to make this language more and more useful for the communication of ideas and information among the peoples of the world.(7) _______.
    Seven sentences/ clauses have been removed from the text above. Choose from sentences (A - G) the sentence/ phrase which fits each gap (1-7).
    A. It is for all these reasons that I like to study the English language
    B. It is used in all the important meetings and conferences and debates
    C. It is spoken and understood in all parts of the earth
    D. Such things are now again being used, owing to the work of English scholars
    E. Thousands of books have been written by such scholars on almost every subject that one can think of
    F. It is thanks to the scientists of England that the motor-engine has become the most important machine in the world today
    G. English has indeed become a very rich language
    Key
    1. C 2. F 3. D
    4. E 5. B 6. G 7. A