Unit 6: Future Jobs - A. Reading - Page 64-65

1. Tác giả: LTTK CTV07
    Đánh giá: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Unit 6: Future Jobs - A. Reading - Page 64-65
    ˈjunət 6: ˈfjuʧər ʤɑbz - peɪʤ 64-65
    Task 1. These words are from the passage. Look back to the text and circle the best meanings A, B or C. - Những từ này có trong đoạn văn. Xem lại đoạn văn và khoanh tròn những nghĩa đúng nhất A, B hoặc C.
    1. vacancy /ˈveɪkənsi/ a job that is available for somebody to do - Chỗ khuyết (một vị trí hay chức vụ còn bỏ trống)
    A. a part of a newspaper where jobs are advertised - một phần của tờ báo nơi quảng cáo việc làm
    B. a job that is available - một công việc có sẵn
    C. a seat that is available - một chỗ ngồi có sẵn
    2. résumé /ˈrezəmeɪ/ a written record of your education and the jobs you have done, that you send when you are applying for a job - Sơ yếu lý lịch
    A. a photocopy of academic certificates - một bản sao chứng chỉ học tập
    B. a letter of recommendation - thư giới thiệu
    C. a short written account of someone’s education and previous jobs - một bản tường trình ngắn về học vấn và công việc trước đây của ai đó
    3. keenness /ˈkiːnnəs/ - the quality of being enthusiastic or wanting something very much - Sự ham thích, sự say mê;
    A. special interest - sự quan tâm đặc biệt
    B. very quick understanding - hiểu rất nhanh
    C. sense of responsibility - tinh thần trách nhiệm
    4. jot down - to write something quickly - viết tóm tắt
    A. mention - đề cập
    B. note down - viết / ghi lại
    C. type - đánh máy
    Task 2. Work in pairs. Decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). - Làm việc theo cặp. Xác định xem những mệnh đề sau là đúng hay sai.
    1. Try to reduce the feeling of pressure and make a good impression on your interviewer. - Cố gắng làm giảm cảm giác bị áp lực và tạo ấn tượng tốt với người phỏng vấn bạn. (T)
    2. Find out as much information as you can about the job and the vacancy. (T) - Tìm hiểu càng nhiều thông tin càng tốt về công việc và vị trí tuyển dụng.
    3. Bring with you a letter of application and your résumés to the interview. (F) - Mang theo đơn xin việc và sơ yếu lý lịch của bạn đến buổi phỏng vấn.
    4. Take all your certificates and letters of recommendation with you. (T) - Mang theo tất cả các chứng chỉ và thư giới thiệu của bạn.
    5. Remember to dress neatly and formally. (T) - Nhớ ăn mặc gọn gàng, chỉnh tề.
    6. Your voice should be clear and polite. (T) - Giọng nói của bạn phải rõ ràng và lịch sự.
    7. Tell the interviewer about your shortcomings. (F) - Nói với người phỏng vấn về những thiếu sót của bạn.
    8. Remember to say goodbye to the interviewer before leaving the interview. (T) - Nhớ chào tạm biệt người phỏng vấn trước khi rời khỏi cuộc phỏng vấn.
    After you read - Sau khi bạn đọc
    Work in groups. Discuss the question: Which pieces of advice given in the passage do you find most useful and least useful? Why? - Làm việc nhóm. Thảo luận câu hỏi: Bạn nhận thấy những lời khuyên nào được đưa ra trong đoạn văn là hữu ích và kém hữu ích nhất? Tại sao?
    - I find the advice in Paragraph 3 most useful. Because you must present your necessary papers for the job: your qualifications, work experience,... especially you must prepare the questions often asked in advance.
    - I think Paragraph 5 is most useful. By following this advice, you can give a strong impression on the interviewer and show that you can be the most suitable candidate for the position.
    - I don't think the pieces of advice in the passage are least useful.
    ==================================================================================
    A: Which pieces of advice in the passage do you think are most useful?
    B: Well, I find the advice in Paragraph 3 is the most useful,
    C: Why?
    B: Because you must present your necessary papers for the job: your qualifications, work experience,... especially you must prepare the questions often asked in advance.
    C: But according to me, I think Paragraph 5 is the most useful.
    A: Can you give the reason for it?
    C: OK. By following this advice, you can give a strong impression on the interviewer and show that you can be the most suitable candidate for the position.
    A: And which piece of advice do you think least useful?
    B: Well, personally, I don’t think the pieces of advice in the passage are least useful.
    C: Why do you say so?
    B: Don’t you think any advice can give us something to think and find out the good lesson?
    A: That’s right.

Chỉnh sửa cuối: 4/1/21